Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Threads in the House

When Robert and I started buying furniture together, I was all about dark espresso furniture that matched—I thought dark furniture was oh so sophisticated and that all the wood color in a room should be uniform. Fast forward to today and I'm all about mixing woods, textures, patterns, and colors in a room. But those dark pieces we bought were quality items (see our bedroom and dining room furniture), so we couldn't just chuck them and start over. So to add a little more interest and texture to those rooms with dark pieces, I've started incorporating fabrics with bold patterns and colors. I added this white and yellow chevron runner to our dining room table (it sits under the great turquoise planter I bought from Etsy):


I also plopped down a couple of white and blue ikat pillows on the chairs that flank the buffet.


Although I still have a couple more projects to do in the dining room (like hanging colorful syroco mirrors above the buffet and maybe adding some potted plants) these little changes make a difference.


 
We also recently bought some new threads for our bed. Our old duvet cover was getting pretty dingy, so we switched it out for this new one from West Elm. We got it on sale just before the holidays.


It's a little hard to see the pattern in the fabric in the above pic, so here's a close-up:


* I got the runner from this Etsy shop and the pillows from this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment