Thursday, December 8, 2011

Office Makeover: Pretty Much There

You may remember that last spring I had talked about doing a little office makeover. I just wasn't loving the wall color in there anymore and Robert wanted to get a new desk. So I started slowly working on the room bit by bit.

First came the new desk. Then came the new paint. I had originally wanted to do a nice blue color in there but we never got around to picking one/deciding on one. We had quite a bit of edgecomb grey left over from our living room paint project (yes, we did actually paint that room--I was kind of waiting for all the kitchen craziness to settle down before I shared pictures with y'all) so we thought, what the hell, and carried that color over into the office.

After we finished painting, we rearranged the room a bit and brought in some floating shelves from Ikea. A little accessorizing and organizing made it feel like we were getting there. But before I show you the afters, you may want to take a walk down memory lane.

This is what the room looked like when we first saw the house:


This is what it looked like about four months later (in June 2009):


And this is it today:








(That beige chair actually doesn't live in the office. We moved it in there to make room for our Christmas tree)

There are still some things I'd like to do down the line, like add some curtains and a larger rug. But it is indeed feeling a little more inviting and user friendly in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment